Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Yummy Lo Mein Recipe

I love eating Lo Mein from my favorite chinese restaurant, but it is pricey. I have been searching and searching for a good recipe to make at home, and I finally found one. My 3-year old even ate it and that girl does not eat anything, really pickest eater I have ever seen.

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, but I listened to some of the reviews and changed things. The real recipe is here. I am going to post the recipe that I used. I did make my recipe vegetarian. We aren't vegetarians, but I made it that way anyways :) I added whatever veggies I had in my fridge. You can add so many different veggies to this recipe.

Lo Mein

Ingredients:
4 packages of ramen noodles (It can be any flavor since you are just using the noodles)
2-1/2 teaspoons white sugar
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
8 green onions, cut into 1/2" pieces (I didn't count this. I just cut up what comes in the bushel from the store)
small red pepper, diced
broccoli florets, sliced

*Keep adding the veggies. You can even add water chestnuts chopped up. Whatever you like :)*

Directions:
1. Fill a pot with water (I used a 5-qt pot) and bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok, or skillet, and add garlic. Saute garlic for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add veggies and stir occasionally.
3. In medium bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, broth, water, sesame oil, and pepper.
4. Add sauce and noodles to the veggies in the wok. Stir.
5. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring often, or until most of the juices are gone.

Take it off the burner when you like how the sauce looks. I left mine on the stove a little too long so it wasn't very saucy,  but it still tasted really good.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Cherise said...

Thanks Katie!!

Simplegirl said...

I'm hungry now:-) Thank you for sharing this recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...