Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What I have been making....dresses and some more dresses!

I came across this blog, Lil Blue Boo, while I was blog stalking. And I found a tutorial for a border fabric sundress. It was just what I was looking for! I already started making a dress for my little baby girl from scrap fabrics that I had. I was just piecing some coordinating fabric together to make the main piece of the dress. I was trying to figure out how to finish it, and that's when I found Ashley's sundress tutorial. I finished the top of my dress with her tutorial. Go check it out. It was really easy to make!


Front of the dress
Back of the dress

I loved making it so much, that I made another one. I did do it a little differently. I used two different coordinating fabrics for the chest band. One side is the main fabric, and the other side is my second fabric. I did that with the straps too. I also sewed the straps inside the chest band, instead of outside. I love it! It came out so cute :)





I have also been busy making this dress. It was easy to make and I love it!  I used the Simplicity 5695 pattern. Sorry I didn't get a better picture. I really need to work on my photography skills!



1 comment:

Amy said...

how cute it that.. Good to see you post again..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...