4 portions spaghetti (about 8 oz uncooked)
2 egg whites
4 tsp Mrs. Dash Tomato-basil-Garlic seasoning
1/4 cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, grated
4 portions chicken breat (about 1 lb)
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tomatoes, diced (or one 15-oz can)
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell papper, sliced
3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
4 tbsp red wine (or chicken broth)
1. Prepare spaghetti according to it's package directions.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg whites. In a pie plate, combine the Mrs. Dash seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
3.Dip chicken breast in egg whites then into the season Parmesan, coating both sides.
4. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place chicken breasts in skillet; cover & cook for approx 6 min; turn & cook for 6 more min until no longer pink in the center. Transfer the cooked chicken breasts to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
5. Add tomatoes & bell peppers to skillet & saute over medium heat until the peppers begin to soften, approx 3 min. Stir in Italian seasoning & red wine (or chicken broth), continue to cook for 2 min.
6. Add pasta to the skillet with sauteed tomatoes & peppers; mix gently.
7. Slice cooked chicken. Divide pasta mixture into 4 portions, top with a portion of sliced chicken, serve and enjoy!