Mini Maple Pancake Muffins
Generously grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk*
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
*I did not have buttermilk so I used this instead: Use one tablespoon of acid (lemon juice or white vinegar) for every cup of milk. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before using. Don't forget to measure out 2/3 cup!*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the tops.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
Let cool slightly and remove from the pan. You may need to use a toothpick around the edges to separate the pancake muffins from the pan.
Serve immediately with warmed butter if you like or even just with maple syrup.