Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Decorative Wooden Letters

The tutorial for today is something that is so easy and so cute. I decided to do this for my daughter's friend's birthday.

1. Go to Michaels and pick out your letters. I like the white smaller letters.
2. Pick out the decorative paper that you want to use to dress up your letters. Then you put your letters on the front of the paper and trace around them and then cut them out.

3. Then you modge podge the letters onto the wooden letters. Then modge podge over the paper to keep the paper on their.
4. Then you can continue to dress them up anyway you want. I decided to add ribbon to mine.

After your letters are finished you can then decided what to do with them. Michaels also has white sticks that go in the letters and then you can put them in a white piece of wood that they have as well. But you could also put hooks in them and hang them on the wall, or find a cute flower pot and put the stick in the pot. Many different possiblites.

I put hooks in the back and put ribbon on them so she can hang them on her wall. (I am sorry it is sideways, I don't why it changes it)


3 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks for sharing this idea! I already had the letters for my daughter's room, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do to decorate them. This was perfect! And the craft store had the paper on sale! I just was wondering what kind of hooks you used on the back? Thanks! :)

carriebells said...

How did you keep the paper from wrinkling up when you put the modge podge over the top? That's the problem I'm running into with mine=(

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodenYouLikeIt said...

What a great idea!!! The letters look awesome. We enjoy seeing craft projects like these. Thanks for sharing.

David
http://customwoodenletters.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...