- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp red or pink food coloring
- 4 cups corn flakes
- Small heart candies (like the ones you find for decorating cupcakes in the baking isle).
- Wax paper
1. Melt butter, add marshmallows, stirring until all marshmallows are melted.
2. Add extract and food coloring. Stir until it is a uniform red or pink color.
3. When mixture is smooth, add corn flakes. Mix well, but gently so as not to crush the cornflakes. Let the mixture cool enough so that you can handle it, but not too much or you won’t be able to shape it.
4. Form into heart shapes on sheets of waxed paper, decorate with candy hearts. Let cool.
You’ll need a batch of the basic recipe (below) and a very small funnel.
1. Make a batch of rice krispie treats and let it cool slightly so that you can handle it.
2. Butter the inside of the funnel.
3. Using your hands, pack the rice krispie treats into the funnel, then turn it over onto a cookie sheet to cool.
There are a couple of variations on this basic recipe.
1. You can dip your kisses in chocolate to make a more traditional kiss, but it is messy.
2. You can use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over the kiss.
3. You can make them with love messages inside, similar to the little kisses. Just write a message on a strip of paper, string it through the small end of the funnel so that only part of it will be inside the kiss, and then pack the cereal mixture inside the funnel.Here’s the basic recipe
Ingredients: 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows, 6 cups rice krispies cereal
Directions: In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Stir mixture until smooth. Add rice krispies cereal, stirring until well coated. When slightly cooled, shape cereal mixture into desired shape using buttered hands, or lay out flat on waxed paper. Allow to cool.
I also found a similar recipe on According to Kelly on how to make the rice krispie kisses.